According to new industrial policy of Government of India , district industries centre
Agra was established in 1979 to speedup industrial development. District Industry
centre act as nodle agency for establising any industries in the district. To provide
latest information to the beneficiaries this centre was computerised in 1997-98 among the
10 districts selected in the first phase in Uttar Pradesh. Also dialup connectivity
provided by the National Informatics Centre, Agra Unit. From May-2000 the internet
facility is also provided to this centre.
Main Schemes Running at District Industries
- Eakul Mej Vayvastha
- Prime Minister Rozgar Yojna
- Udhmita Vikas Prashikhan Karyakram
- Zila Stariya Udyog Bandhu
- Niryat Protsahan
- Laghu Udyog Adhunikikarn Yojna
- Rugn Evam Bimar Ekaiyon ka Punarvasan
- Prakirya Saha Uthapadan Vikas Kendra
- Hastshilp Udyog
- Laghu Udyog Poshan ki Karya Yojna
Main Industrial Area of Agra District
- Industrial Estate, Nunhai
Major Industrial Area was established at Nunhai, Agra over 71 acre of
land. The 71 plots and 112 shedes were developed there , All are allotted now and various
units are working there.
- Mini Industrial Estate, Achnera
This industrial area was also setup in Achnera, having 30 Plots in two
acre of land.
- U.P. S.I.D.C. Industrial Areas
- Foundry Nagar : This Industrial area was setup at Foundry Nagar over 65
acre of land. The 234 plots were developed there.
- Sikandra A.B. : This industrial area was setup at Sikandra over 65 acre
of land. The 112 plots were developed there.
- Skiandra C : This industrial area was setup at Sikandra over 142 acre of
land. The 297 plots were developed there.
Main Industries of District Agra
- Major Industries
are 12 units in the district those comes under major & medium scale industries.
- Electrical Goods
- C.I. Casting
- Leathr Goods and Shoes
- Steel Rolling
- Milk Products
In this category ,7200 units are working at Agra, those produces
- Cotton and Textile
- Wood Paper Products and Stationery
- Leather Goods and Metal Products
- Auto and Engine Parts
- Electrical Goods etc.
3. Handicrafts Works
In Handicrafts, Zari Zardozi, Marvel, Strone carving and Inley work,
Carpets about 13000 people are working. About 116 are exporting units and two Padam
Shree Award winners are Mr. Sekh Samruddin and Shri Hari Kishan Badal, 37 States and
National awards winners of handicrafts.
4. Shoes Industries
Above 1.5 Laks pairs of shoes per day manufactures in agra by the
cottage, small scale and medium scale footwear units.There about 60 organised footwear
units, 3000 tiny manufactureing units and about 30000 house holds artisans units. There
are a large number of ancillary industries, supporting footwear industries in Agra. (About
20 small scale machinery manufacutes and 100 various kinds of footwear component
manufactures.) About 65% of total domestic requirement of shoes in india is supplied from
There are around 70 export units in Agra in which two golden cards
holders and three silver card holders units. Total export turn over agra about Rs. 450